December

St. Catherine Laboure ~ Humility ~ The Violet

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

November's Meeting

For November we learned about St. Francis Xavier Cabrini and the virtue of Industry. I was a little stumped trying to figure out the best way to present this virtue. So, I decided to break it up into other virtues that you need to demonstrate Industry. We broke up into groups and talked about self discipline (ahem), purposefulness, and orderliness.

For our craft activity we started putting together our notebooks. See, now if I had been practicing orderliness, and purposfulness and had a little more self discipline... I would have been better prepared for this activity. :-) I found this idea from another LF mom's blog. Looked simple enough!

I took for granted the amount of time and the overload of extra scrapbooking supplies I had stored up after many years of aquiring but not producing any scrapbooks! It was a little chaotic getting the supplies out but it was a great time regardless of the headache most of us probably went home with!

I had to rely on my darling daughter to take the meeting pictures for me, but she was very happy to do that job for me.





1 comment:

Jessica Gordon said...

I just found your blog through the LFGC blog. I've enjoyed visiting!

It was funny seeing my Faith Notebook page, lol! Anyhow, I am thrilled that you liked my idea enough to try it in your own group. It has been a fun project for my girls, and the notebook will be such a great keepsake!

I'm sorry you all ended up with headaches!! I find it easiest if I have packets prepared ahead of time for each girl, with the supplies that they will need. It makes the craft time much more orderly, and everything goes smoothly. IT *does* take quite a bit of preparation time to do that though. This coming summer I hope to do it all in advance for next year. We'll see! =)

Subscribe to Yuma Little Flowers